Radio Linked Smoke/Fire Alarms?

HI, Does anyone know of any radio (rf) linked smoke/fire alarms for use in the house that are battery powered? I like the idea of smoke and fire alarms all talking to each other but I do not like the idea of having to tear the house apart to install the wire for them!
~ Matt
Search google.com for...
wireless smoke detectors
"Matt" wrote in message

Not RF but wireless may be offered through X-10, communication is throught existing AC wires.
Try Screwfix; interconnect RF is achieved by special mounting base. Thats if you're in UK. www.screwfix.com

In the US, use Ademco alarms. I have motion detectors, smoke and thermal rate-of-rise detectors that are all wireless (got 'em on eBay). I have a couple of wireless remote controls to activate things.
You need at least one hard wired control panel to program the system; I put one on each entrance door. The sirens and alarms are all hard wired due to power requirements (they suck juice to make lots of noise) and I have not been able to find a wireless carbon monoxide detector so that's hard wired as well.
Excelent! I don't mind hard wiring a few things here and there (like you say.. co).. but it's nice to be able to put the smoke alarms in each room and not worry about having to run the wire through every single room! I'll check these ademco's out.

Ed, So what do you need to make these puppies work? The base station (which I assume is hard wired?) and then the alarms? Do the alarms talk to each other? Or do they just talk to the base station which then sets off one of the hardwired klaxons :)