radiant floor heat ques

I would like to install radiant tubing w/ transfer plates under the floor. The floor joists are 24" OC. Transfer plates are 4" x 48". I'm using 1/2" PEX.
I was told by suppler to space the tubing 8" which would give me 3 runs of tubing per bay. Any harm in reducing the spacing so I could have 4 runs? This would essentially be 2 loops which would be easier to install.
Transfer plates would not touch. It would seem I would be putting more heat into each bay. It's perhaps overkill. My concern is whether it will work or affect heating capabilities.
I intend to insulate each bay leaving at least a 2" air gap beneath tubes.
Thank you.
--
Always tell the truth: There\'s less to remember.

Franz Fripplfrappl wrote:

One of the main reasons why heating systems give poor results is people oversize stuff. If the supplier did an actual calculation for your project I would stick by their design. If it is a wild guess then all bets are off.

    George is correct. More heat is not better heat. Do it right, not too much and not too little.