Rabbit Rifle Info needed

OK, I'll bite. How do you teach them to climb up and push the release button?

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Check out Rufus _THE Bean Shooter Man_

Pest control, weeding his corn field or cracking walnuts.

Reply to
Oren

"Steve B" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

minor wind drift would preclude that from happening.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Steve B" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

On America's Funniest Home Videos tonight,they had a clip of a plastic bird feeder suction-cupped to a window,and the squirrel was leaping from a patio chair straight into the feeder opening,more than once. Not any great acrobatic stuff,but funny.The opening in the feeder wasn't all that big.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Then wouldn't that make the trajectory parabolic, and thus meet the parameters you set to make it fatal?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" wrote in news:63d817- snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

No,wind drift could move it in several directions,depending on prevalent winds at different altitudes,even move it one way then back like a "s",and possibly at different rates of drift,too. And a parabolic trajectory would mean the pointy end is coming down.

what I'm trying to say is that no one has been killed by a bullet dropping back on them or even right next to the shooter;the kills have all been large distances away,meaning a parabolic trajectory. (IOW,they were not shooting "straight up",probably not even nearly straight up.)

Now,a bullet travelling long distances will still lose a lot of energy,but keep enough to harm someone.(muzzle velocity vs terminal velocity)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

That shooter is in the UK and limited to 12 foot-pounds before his airrifle becomes a firearm. I don't remember offhand how fast that is, somewhere in the 800 fps range though.

Note that he does most of his shooting at night with a light. "lamping"

I didn't recognize the particular airgun but have been told it's probably a Theoben Fenman, which is going to be above your budget.

Reply to
TimR

Many cases have been unproven. I am not omnipotent and all knowing, so I don't make statements like "no one has been killed by a bullet dropping

I've lived long enough to think that just about anything can happen. Unless, of course experts, the Mythbusters, or omnipotents say otherwise.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B