Rabbit fence

What is the size hole or fence type needed to keep out Rabbits as we have alot, my folks have picked a fence of maybe 1.5"x 2" and I know it wont work as rabbits get in now, and especialy at an early age in maybe 1" fence, the Red Tail Hawk, or a smaller type is busy in the am. but I guess scared of full grown Rabbit sized ones. But the squirrels are gone.

I like this stuff- http://doitbest.com/Pliers-Do+it+Best+Imp+Fence-model-745885-doitbest-sku-745885.dib [never dealt with that vendor- I just googled for a picture]
The small mesh at the bottom even keeps chipmunks out- the large openings at the top let more light through.
A small rabbit- trapped in the garden if you leave the gate open- can climb up to find a hole big enough to crawl through. But the only one that has gotten into my garden in years was through the gate.
Jim [my backup plans are a pellet gun and a live trap to keep the populations in check]