Nick

From: "Shane Brunell" To: Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:21 AM Subject: Re: R-value

Hi Nick, Yes the independant lab tests showed that the Matinee material > has a 5.0 R-Value when covering dual pane windows. Comfortrack, when > properly used and installed, can increase the thermal ratings about 20% > or more depending on the area of the country, the season and the compass > direction the window faces. > > The R-value of a single pane window in the lab (and most homes) is > approximately 1.0 but can vary greatly based upon the characteristics of > the window. Check out this web page for some more info >

From: "Nick Pine" 04/27/05 09:11AM

From: "Shane Brunell" To: Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:17 AM Subject: Re: R-value

> 1.0 > Can you look at the test report and tell me the R-value of the > particular window used in the test, by itself? "Double-pane" > windows have a large range, from R2 to R8 or so... > >Nick

Subject: Re: Re: R-value Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:25:36 -0400

Dear Shane,

1.0 per pane x 2 panes = 2.0 for glass

Would you please _look_ at the test report and tell me the R-value of the particular window used in the test, by itself, or send me a copy of the report?

Thanks,

Nick

No answer yet...

Nick