R134a compressor on R12 box

Witchie poo hollers "Help me, I'm melting!"

When I purchase something for a job where I have to guarantee my work, I must obtain my material from a reliable source, ie, a supply house. I can't go to a customer and say "I have to wait until it comes up for bid on eBay." A customer want's their equipment fixed NOW. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If there are multiple leaks in one of those, I used to recommend scrapping it until the stop leaks for refrigerants came on the market. Now I use the stop leak before recommending the scrap yard. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Thanks for the kind thought but I'm not doing as much work like that and now do more telecommunications work. Me and JH have a younger guy "Stinky Stink" who's 50 years old, I think, to help us out doing that stuff and he has years of experience. I just put together a power pole out of a 4" vinyl downspout for installation in a sales office at a car dealership. It will be installed in the middle of an office to carry power, telephone and network cables from the ceiling down to a number of desks for salespeople. I put two 4" square metal quad outlet boxes at the bottom to work as feet and a surface for Velcro to stick the bottom of the pole to the floor and small metal brackets will attach it to the metal ceiling grid. Since there will be five or more computers plugged in, I installed two separate 20 amp circuits using MC cable in the downspout. Each with a separate breaker back in the electrical room. I love MC cable, it makes a job a lot easier. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well, in that case, you can send me all the refrig work? I'm back from the dead, this new Thunderbird is not keeping me content, compared to the old Outlook Express. Glad to hear you found a young fellow.

. Christ>> can't get out and about. Guess I still can, but it's not practical to

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've tried stopleak, once. It did not work well, but then I didn't give it a fair setup. A complicated story. The weather here turned colder, and so I expect to hear from the store next summer when it warms up again. In colder weather, everything can work fine.

. Christ> >> In this case, it's a coldwall box, and the evaporator is not

Reply to
Stormin Mormon