R134a compressor on R12 box

Page 2 of 2
On 7/22/2013 6:57 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Many folks can't understand that the restaurant owner wants the equipment fixed NOW. He/she/it can't wait for something to come up for bid on eBay. I try to stock parts for specific customers but I'm not rich and can't afford to do a lot of that especially with all the medical problems I've had in the past decade. I have some customers that I obtained a jug of refrigerant for at cost because their old equipment would develop leaks due to age, rough usage by employees and vibration. If I was unable to get to them, (I was hospitalized when one called me) someone else could repair their stuff and the very expensive refrigerant would already be on site. A lot of small business owners is po just like me and struggling to survive, so we stick together. ^_^
TDD
The main shop uses 416a, and so that will be my next purchase, after this jug runs dry. Which won't be too long, I'm guessing. Wish we lived closer, I'd offer to be your backup technician for when you can't get out and about. Guess I still can, but it's not practical to fly down and rent a car each time. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Many folks can't understand that the restaurant owner wants the equipment fixed NOW. He/she/it can't wait for something to come up for bid on eBay. I try to stock parts for specific customers but I'm not rich and can't afford to do a lot of that especially with all the medical problems I've had in the past decade. I have some customers that I obtained a jug of refrigerant for at cost because their old equipment would develop leaks due to age, rough usage by employees and vibration. If I was unable to get to them, (I was hospitalized when one called me) someone else could repair their stuff and the very expensive refrigerant would already be on site. A lot of small business owners is po just like
me and struggling to survive, so we stick together. ^_^
TDD
On 7/23/2013 5:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Thanks for the kind thought but I'm not doing as much work like that and now do more telecommunications work. Me and JH have a younger guy "Stinky Stink" who's 50 years old, I think, to help us out doing that stuff and he has years of experience. I just put together a power pole out of a 4" vinyl downspout for installation in a sales office at a car dealership. It will be installed in the middle of an office to carry power, telephone and network cables from the ceiling down to a number of desks for salespeople. I put two 4" square metal quad outlet boxes at the bottom to work as feet and a surface for Velcro to stick the bottom of the pole to the floor and small metal brackets will attach it to the metal ceiling grid. Since there will be five or more computers plugged in, I installed two separate 20 amp circuits using MC cable in the downspout. Each with a separate breaker back in the electrical room. I love MC cable, it makes a job a lot easier. ^_^
TDD
Well, in that case, you can send me all the refrig work? I'm back from the dead, this new Thunderbird is not keeping me content, compared to the old Outlook Express. Glad to hear you found a young fellow.
. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

Checked both, not an issue. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
wrote: >With a R134a condensing unit on a freezer designed for R12. It isn't working

outside a

gas

Mabee fix the insulation on the ice box?? Is the door weatherstripping gone?