R-rating of Bow Window

The 5-pane Bow Window in my house needs to be replaced. The offer on the table is for panes that have an R rating of 25, but for some reason the R rating of the entire window is 4.
What does this mean?
Dick
On Aug 1, 12:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

The panes are not R25, no window glass is. Its maybe a r3.5 for dual pane LowE. Its likely U.25 the inverse of R value. R4 is possible. Go to www.energystar.gov to learn about ratings.
(Dick Adams) wrote:

When I saw the subject header, my first thought was 'close the curtains, then the window won't be R-rated'.....
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote in

Wonder if it would be cheaper to fill my attic with bow windows...?