R/O acidic water back-flush.

I am back-flushing the reverse osmosis membrane with an acidic water generator, (actually a pH 3.0 water ionizer.) I am hoping to kill bacteria and flush out deposits. The pressure from the ionizer is probably 35-45psi. The ionizer is generally used to wash fish, chickens, cutting boards, fruits and vegetables. I am worried that the acidic water will eat off and destroy the R/O membrane. What is the likely chance that I may do serious damage?
Thanks