R-19 in a 4 inch stud wall

Framing a small shop within my unheated shop. Small area will be heated to constant 50 to obviate rust on my machinery. Have lots and lots of R-19 left over from previous projects. Need to insulate 20 feet of 2x4 stud wall. I know you aren't supposed to 'cram' insulation. However, if I do cram in the R-19 will I have less benefit than R-13 would have provided?
Thanks for replies, Ivan Vegvary

The theory is that when you compress fiberglass insulation you reduce it's r factor because of increased condutivity. But I think you end up with something around r13 so if you have it handy I'd use it.
On 11/21/2011 8:51 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

lots of R-19 left over from previous projects. Need to insulate 20 feet of 2x4 stud wall. I know you aren't supposed to 'cram' insulation. However, if I do cram in the R-19 will I have less benefit than R-13 would have provided?
<http://www.owenscorning.com/around/insulation/CompressionChart.xls

fiberglass peels apart pretty easy, so it can fit well
On 11/21/2011 10:48 AM, bob haller wrote:

There's no point, however. While there is some loss compared to full cavity thickness, the overall loss for 2x6 inserted into 2x4 cavity is less than the full-thickness starting for tubafore. IOW, as another poster noted, the net effect is less than what would get for insulation in a 2x6 wall but still higher than would have by using R11 as spec'ed for 2x4.

Useful table. Thanks T
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 06:51:56 -0800 (PST), Ivan Vegvary

constant 50 to obviate rust on my machinery. Have lots and lots of R-19 left over from previous projects. Need to insulate 20 feet of 2x4 stud wall. I know you aren't supposed to 'cram' insulation. However, if I do cram in the R-19 will I have less benefit than R-13 would have provided?

Use foam panels. There is some Polyurethane rigid panel that is almost 3x the r value of FG. ... and you don't get itchy.

What in the previous did not come thru?

I guess I assumed the right material was more appropriate than whatever you have left over. Rock on dude with whatever you like.