R-134A

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemy56528699&sspagename ME%3AB%3AWN%3AMT%3A1 Today a 30 pound cylinder was sold: Winning bid: US $202.50
That's actually down a little from other ebay offers and down a lot from what some suppliers are charging.
PJ
Thanks. I was wondering about the price of 134A. Did they have any freon? How about lava lamps?

that price will go up quite a bit this week. dupont stopped manufacture of it to drive the price up, is what we hear. Chip

Rather than trying to wrap around some conspiracy, how about the market price is low, so the demand is low, so no reason to keep manufacturing it 24/7, and you can intermitantly shut down operations to save money?
Just a guess....
I watched R-12 go from $60 to 600. Didn't want to make that misteak again. So, many years ago when Sam's Club had 134A at $65/30#, I bought two. Got some of the first bottle left, and second one is still sealed.
That turned out to be a good decision. I've used a bunch of it, and sure make folks happy when their equipment is running again.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemy56528699&ssp agenameME%3AB%3AWN%3AMT%3A1
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:15:24 -0500, "HeatMan"
Why? It was R134A. I only have to pull my card out when I buy r-12 and r-22.
Just asking.....
tom @ www.BookmarkAdmin.com