quiet window air conditioner?

Need an 8000 BTU window AC unit. Don't need or want central air. I might as well get central for the price of mini splits. Just need a quiet window unit. Is such a thing made??
Thanks

Check out Friedrich. Most expensive than most, but quieter than most.

Go to a review site like consumers reports, nobody can know sound comparisons that will be worthwhile.
No. Not really. At least I've never seen one. I'd be trying mail order. If you do some searchign you will find some brakds are quieter than others, but none are particularly quiet or efficient.

I have good experience with using a Panasonic window air conditioner. It is quieter than all the others that I have ever used. The second quietest window A/C that I have ever used is the one from Friedrich. Fedder is hopelessly noisy.
Jay Chan