Quiet dishwasher makes too much noise

I replaced the dishwasher that came with the house with a new and moderately pricey super quiet dishwasher. It's great that I can hardly hear it while it's running the wash cycles. However, it is just as loud as the old dishwasher when it drains the water between cycles. The sound of the actual water draining out is annoyinlg loud and echoes through to other rooms.

Is there any way to quiet the noise while the water empties between cycles?

Reply to
FL

You could insulate the drain pipe with some of that pipe insulation.

It would be easy to install. I've seen it at HD. Might help some.

Olddog

Reply to
olddog

Try putting in the stopper for the garbage disposer. The water splashes into the the same chamber that the sink and garbage drain into. Don't push the stopper in too tightly. If the water can't go down the drain for whatever reason you don't want it backing up into the dishwasher or coming out from the air gap (if required and equipped).

Reply to
Bob

Don't you hate noisy appliances? My microwave makes too much noise with the fan. My coffee grinder is too noisy. I don't like noisy furnaces especially hot air ones. I hate my electric tooth brush. I got rid of a battery wall clock because it 'clicked' all night.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Some people are more sensitive to noise than others. Certain noises drive me absolutely insane. Noises like the ones you mentioned don't really bother me but snoring, listening to other people eat, and my neighbors stereo can drive me right over the edge. And those cars with booming bass at stop lights!!!

When I go on trips I will usually complain to the hotel desk about noises (and get some credit). I never can understand why hotel rooms are always so noisy. Don't the people who run these places understand we only want a good nights sleep?

olddog

Reply to
olddog

I'm with you. The next time install a furnace (maybe in 6 years), the only specification I will probably care about is noise levels. They are all efficient enough so the salesman better not try to sell me on efficiency. But I will bypass any manufacturer that cannot tell me exact dB readings at various fan speeds, and I will choose the quietest furnace even if the difference is ony 1 dB. I'll probably have it installed with a rubber vibration break between the ducts and furnace this time too.

Reply to
RickH

On Wed 10 Dec 2008 07:02:35a, Claude Hopper told us...

You must have hyperacusis.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright