questions - tub surround

Armed with a Home Depot - do it yourself - tile book, I embarked on a tile project which involved the shower walls of my guest bathroom.
While all appears well at issue:
For starters, the tiles extend below the 'vertical' piece of the tub surround that mates with the drywall. However, there's a 1/2 inch gap (measured worse case) between the tile and the horizontal edge of the surround. After perusing the web, I realized the recommendation is 1/8 inch hence, I'm unsure how much of an issue that pose? In addition I'd like recommendations on filling the gap if need be.
With regards to the tub surrounds. I'm perusing information on two products that are alternatives to caulk:
Magic America's tub surround sealer: "http://www.magicamerican.com/products_p.shtml "
Tub surround strip: http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product.asp?product &7053WHTzz&dept%5Fid900&subdept%5Fid920
Could certainly appreaciate feed back as to the viablity of these products.
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu wrote:

Written by whom? And it didn't advise how and where to start the install or cut-in the first row for an out of level tub condition??

Shouldn't have started at the top.

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product.asp?product &7053WHTzz&dept%5Fid900&subdept%5Fid920
I've seen that stuff in a few motel tubs.