Questions regarding 240v outlet

Sorry, my bad. I had assumed that the original circuits were heavier-duty than 20A.

Assuming that the original circuits are 15A circuits, or 20A circuits wired with #12, then there would be no need to change out the breaker.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

It is possible that you have a 120V outlet that is a single 20A type. If this is the case, then you can plug in a clock or anything else you want to. This would be the outlet I would want my computer equipment on.

If it is 240V then a standard plug would not fit. If it is 240V then take the white wire off of one of the poles at the breaker box and put it on the neutral buss. You can also change the breaker to 2 single pole breakers, but it would work fine leaving the 2 pole.

Then, change the receptacle to a standard plug.

Reply to
Terry