Questions regarding 240v outlet

Page 2 of 2

farseer a écrit :

to step down from 240v to 120v u'll need a step down transformer, the simplest solution would be to rewire ur 240v line to a 120v distribution in ur main panel, but ur need to change some breakers, and perhaps a diferentail breaker,, i recommend you see a professional
if ur clock is made for 120v you will burn the componet in it, a capacitor might explode in it, so device have switches to change from 240v to 120v
system21 u568567
Check out his game <br><a href=http://gc.gamestotal.com/ Galactic Conquest</a>
Add pictures here
✖

It is possible that you have a 120V outlet that is a single 20A type. If this is the case, then you can plug in a clock or anything else you want to. This would be the outlet I would want my computer equipment on.
If it is 240V then a standard plug would not fit. If it is 240V then take the white wire off of one of the poles at the breaker box and put it on the neutral buss. You can also change the breaker to 2 single pole breakers, but it would work fine leaving the 2 pole.
Then, change the receptacle to a standard plug.
Add pictures here
✖