To All, I am planning to refinish my basement which is about 1200 sq ft. I
will be using a contractor and I have several questions concerning
installing a drop ceiling that I would like feedback on from members of this
group. Thanks for any help you can provide and let me know if there is
anything else I should be aware of.
1) I prefer the 2'x2' ceiling panels and wondered if the cost for parts,
labor, and installation is significantly higher for this size versus the
larger 2'x4' panels ?
2) I like the Armstrong "Classic Fine Texture" panels which seem very
expensive $6 each. I would like to know if there are similar products that
are less expensive ?
3) I am concerned about sound traveling from the basement to upstairs. The
Armstrong panel is supposedly rated high for sound proofing as well as
mildew and sag-resistant resistant, which may be a good idea for the
basement. Is it worth paying extra for these features or are the cheaper
panels just as good for sound proofing?
4) I plan on getting bids for the whole basement remodeling job but; I was
wondering if anyone has an idea on what the labor costs should be to install
this type of ceiling in northern NJ ? My basement is approx. 1200 sq ft.
5) Are there any other manufacturers of Ceiling Panels other than Armstrong
and USG ?