Questions About Home Cleaning Prices

1) Some rooms need weekly cleaning while others only occasionally. Do you need to tell them before they arrive which cleaning is required, or can you tell them when they arrive, and then simply pay the hourly rate?
2) Is cleaning ususally done by one person, or a team of two or more?
3) Rough approximation of the cost?
Thanks
"Don't smoke; eat well; exercise; die anyway"

Are you in Delhi or Santa Monica?
I have no idea what the cost may be, but I'm certain location matters.
--
Dan Espen

writes:

Yes, location does matter as does whether individuals or crews do the work. We finally settled on a crew service after trying individuals. The owner came out for our first visit, did a check of the house, asked what we wanted cleaned regularly and what brands of cleansers we wanted used in case of allergies or objections to certain odors. Then, he worked with the crew to develop a service list. That list became the pattern for the work crew of three or four people who come every two weeks. At least one person, usually the crew leader, is familiar with the house; the others can vary. They do the whole house (2700 sq.ft. including a home office, no pets, 2, sometimes 3 people) in an hour for less than $100. We live in a midwest suburb.
I like the fact that they are in and finished so fast. There's a flury of activity and then they're done. The house is spotless when they leave after a last mop of the floors. We've now used them for 6 years. The same service does "move in" and "move out" cleaning as well as heavy duty cleaning of walls, ceilings and windows as arranged.
Tomsic

Is this a completely local independent firm, or a local franchisee, such as Merry Maids, etc?
writes:

Is this a completely local independent firm, or a local franchisee, such as Merry Maids, etc?
Local firm, no franchise.
Tomsic
Don't smoke; eat well; exercise; die anyway wrote:

Hi, Our cleaning lady comes every other week. 2 story house with no kids but one indoor cat. Takes about 6 hours to finish. We pay 150.00 cash. Good dependable cleaner is hard to come by around here. We and our daughter is lucky to have her.

$300 per month... ouch <grin>.
wrote Re Re: Questions About Home Cleaning Prices:

$25/hour tax free. I would do house cleaning for that.