Question: "This Old House" The Current Project

Page 3 of 3

Years ago they did a house in Phoenix. I went to the finish party. Met the owners, they both were worried that they were not going to be able to pay the loans off. The project did run well over 2 times the estimated cost. They were happy with the results, just not the cost. They also mentioned the "donated materials" were generally the cheapest of the needed materials and were less than 1/4 of the total bill. Both of these folks were attorneys so money should not have been a issue. A year later I went by and the house was for sale. It did sell for a premium for the area, but nothing close to what the property would have sold for with out a major street near over the wall.