Question on what to put in A/C condenser unit to clean out drip line...

Page 2 of 2

Why thank you, Daring one. That makes sense, as we bake bread all the time. Yeast. Gives me a whole different perspective... Makes me think of triclosan (sp?) which is the active ingredient in Lysol and anti-bacterial Palmolive. Whole different perspective indeed. Was wondering why the bleach didn't seem to cut the stuff, or at least not like I expected. Of course, chlorine is a biocide too, but still. No detergent. All kinds of ideas now. And I will definetely ask for such a strip/pad from the guy who is coming to look at it. Thank you very, very much.
Dave
On 6/30/2010 9:14 PM, Dave wrote:

Me and my friends use the strips and tablets all the time. Some of the manufacturers produce strips that contain a rubbery compound covered with woven Nylon or polyester that looks something like a sock. The strips are installed in the bottom of the condensate pan as far from the drain as you can get it, the strip will last longer because it's not under water and won't block the drain. The tiny amount of chemical leaching from the pad/strip is all that's needed to keep the condensate flowing through the trap and drain line. It's also effective if your system has an electric condensate pump.
TDD
Most of the time, condensor units don't have a drip line. What kind of AC is this?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

<...snipped...>

I wouldn't worry about the bleach damaging the drip line. After all, it is sold in plastic bottles.
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Good point. :)