Question on Wall Dyno Gas Heating Vents..

I have a unit installed around 5 years ago that seems to be made by a company called "surburban" It's about 2ft by 2ft and the blower motor is shot.
If anyone knows a link to manufactures or parts places in the Northeast around NYC it would be helpfull..I have the serial # if it helps.
rhartin wrote:

If you get the motor out, you might just have it repaired by a local shop that specializes in small electrical motors (check yellow pages). Unless the motor burned up completely, it is probably just the commutator brushes that have worn down. If that, you might even be able to buy and install new brushes for it yourself. I doubt whether Suburban, or many other companies, build their own motors for their products, but rather get them from a company that makes motors to be used in different products made by different manufacturers.
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 02:55:17 GMT, "rhartin"

Do you see your motor here-- http://shop.emotorstore.com
[down the page a bit there's a second table of links headed 'Heating']
I got a super deal there last year & the shipping only took a couple days.
No connection to them-- just a happy customer.
Jim

Agreed. They happen to be located near me, and I've been shopping there since I was a kid tagging along with dad, 3 decades ago. Replaced my furnace motor a couple of years ago.