Question on Trane XE1000 TWR036C100A3 unit

Question on Trane XE1000 TWR036C100A3 unit
The fan on the inside unit will run. The outside unit when I take the service panel off has a flashing red light that flashes about every second. Over to the left is a device that has wires coming from what I believe is a capacitor with a black piece of plastic that when pushed in cause's the outside unit to run.
I replaced the thermostat over the winter and genius me thought I could pull the wires through without causing any issues. Well after replacing the fuse in the heat pump unit inside we finally had heat. The heat worked over the winter so I did not think much else of it until it was time to turn on the AC.
I am not sure of the technical names and most would say I know enough to be dangerous. I can take a picture of the unit and post/email if that would help in correcting the issue.
Someone suggested that maybe a 24volt relay has burned out???
Thanks for any help given.
You are probably pushing the contactor. You probably have a pressure switch keeping the contactor from activating. Call a service man before you hurt yourself or cause more damage.
You would be better off finding a contractor or ask on alt.hvac
____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com http://www.homerepairlive.com
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Could be caused by several things which you might not be able to fix.
1.    Bad 24VAC transformer, this controls the relays. 2.    Low freon, safety switch off. 3.    Bad energizer relay which controls the big one. 4.    Wiring issue.
You'll need to know how to use a multimeter and have the wiring diagram to trace out the problem.