Question on the Fluidmaster 400 LS.

I wanted to know if the leak sentry device is necessary to have installed for the operation of the Fluidmaster 400 LS. It broke off while i was installing it. It looks like more of a water saving feature.Will it still operate correctly without it connected? Thanks.
Yes it will work just fine, it is really a very hokky gimick that doesn't even work for all tanks/values. I never install the LS part of the 400 LS. In fact, I only buy the LS if they are out of the 400 when I hit the store.