Question on replacing windows.

I have four windows in my basement that face North and located under trees so they never fully dry out. The frames have rotted over time. Is there some material other than pressure treated wood that I can work with common woodworking tools to build simple non opening frames to replace these windows? I have seen "brick molding" made of something like "PVC" that can be painted and seems to last forever. Anyone have a suggestion?
<< The frames have rotted over time. >> << Anyone have a suggestion? >>
Any box store will have opening and maybe non-opening windows in lots of sizes. Pick out what you like, add a bag of mortar mix and you're in business. Might be a little pricier, but glass block makes nice basement windows. Used that myself when some old timers failed. There is a modest improvement in the R-factor I think, with glass block, over old sashes, It is futzier to work with using mortar, but after the first one you'll do OK.
<< "brick molding" made of something like "PVC" >>
Could be a possibility, but getting a strong corner joint may be hard to do. HTH
Joe