Question on replacement windows

We're about to have our windows replaced, in a 1961 bungalow in Saskatchewan, Canada (COLD winters, HOT summers... -40 to +40).
At the same price, I have the option of dual pane lowE/argon or triple pane sealed units. These are the Sears Weatherbeaters, and we're going to go with casements.
What are the pluses/minuses of each choice?
Kitchen, bath, three bedrooms and living room are on the block. We're not going to do the dining room as we plan to do french doors and a deck next year.
We're replacing aluminum sliders that frost up something terrible in the winter, even with window film.
I also have the option of inserts versus full frame, and am leaning strongly to full frame (thinking of appearance and resale value). Opinions on that?
I need to make a decision in the next couple of days.
Looking forward to your replies,
djb
Climate Zones for ENERGY STAR Qualification Criteria... http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=windows_doors.pr_crit_windows#map
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

Thanks, Bill. I've printed that for review.