Question on Japanese tutorials on You Tube

I got addicted to watching all those Japanese tutorials on model making on You Tube, especially those posted by sleepylafiel, which seem to come out of the same video studio. I have found them most informative, especially in the painting and weathering, even though they are in Japanese. I wish the lighting was better in some of them, though. I observed that most all of the different Japanese builders seem to build the entire model before they pick up the airbrush for painting, even after putting on the small parts which would be painted different colors. I usually prepaint the parts in their base color before assembly, and in some cases, while still on the sprue. How many of you paint the models after complete construction?

Another curiosity is their use of English words for some parts and paint colors. Those of us that are not fluent in Japanese will note those English words in the narrative. Don't the Japanese have their own words for 'engine', 'cockpit', 'track', etc.? For any English word ending in a consonant that they use, a 'U' is added to the end, as in 'cockpitu', 'masking tapeu', 'tissue paper'. Also the paint colors used have the English words, ie. 'blacku', 'german grey', 'green', 'clearu flatu', etc., even the technique, 'drybrush', Although it helps in understanding what they are talking about, I'm just curious as to why that is.

Reply to
willshak

on 6/6/2008 5:52 PM willshak said the following:

Sorry, wrong group. If any of you are model builders, you might find it interesting anyway.

Reply to
willshak