Question On Installing Spacemaker Microwave OTR

I picked up a GE SpacemakerXL ( model# JVM1630WB006) over-the-range microwave used, but not the installation manual. I have all the hardware and do understand how to hang it.
The old vent hood that I just removed didn't vent to the outside; it just filtered the air and recirculated. This is how I want to keep it since I don't cook that often and when I do, it's usually just to boil water.
The microwave has a rectangular opening with a flimsy metal door over it which is the output of the vent if going to the outside (up through the top cabinet). Since I just want to re-circulate, can I just leave it as it is, or do I need to close that off more securely.
Here are pictures of the top of the microwave:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/IMG_0011.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/IMG_0009.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/IMG_0007.jpg
or should I just remove the metal door frame completely as shown in this pic and install it that way:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/IMG_0012.jpg
In article <dZ2Wf.227147$Mh4.104600

http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/literat ure/
cut and paste if the URL wraps
says...

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I did go to the GE support site but when I put my model number it just waits forever. They may be doing site maint. in the wee hours.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/IMG_0011.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/IMG_0009.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/alkjhlakwehakwehflkuawehflkjashdflkjasdhlf/IMG_0012.jpg
towards the front upper grill on the MW. This will block any air from exiting the back or top of MW. Then a charcoal filter assemble is installed behind the grill to remove odors from the smoke before it exits the MW. Any parts store should have charcoal filter.
Tom G.

Thanks for that info Tom. I got the fan rotated and will pick up a filter today. Much appreciated.