Question on DIY hardwood floor refinishing

I'm considering refinishing the hardwood floors in my house - this consists of 4 bedrooms, a hallway, and a set of stairs. I would like to do it room-by-room as time allows, probably several weekends over the course of several months.
I'm concerned that when I do that, I may see overlap 'seams' in the finish. For example, if I do the hallway last, will I see a seam where the finish overlaps in every bedroom doorway? Is there any way to avoid it or fix it?
Thanks!
Greg
Rent a floor buffer use a fine screen and do a final coat of all floors at once
On 3 Jun 2004 11:56:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (Greg) wrote:

A saddle between the bedroom and hall!
NEVER FORGET!!! http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0109/missing/files/toyen.amy.html
Its possible to minimize seaming by putting the final coat on the entire area, but I think the best way would be to do the whole thing at once. You are going to have to deal with a lot of dust, and assuming rental tools, getting them back and forth for each room each weekend. I would leave the furniture in the rooms and remove all toe molding the first weekend. On the next, move all the furniture out and seal the area with plastic sheeting to keep dust out of the rest of the house; A few window exhaust fans will help with dust control; then do all your sanding (you will save a lot of rental fees by doing it all at once) and finishing, with no worry about seaming. You could probably do the stairway separately, since you will need different tools there, like a small belt sander, and there is usually a break between the stairs and the floor, so you wouldn't have to worry about seaming.
Greg wrote:

there.