Question - Electrical Swi

Dunzley:

D > Question - When entering my kitchen, I have a double switch plate, one swit h D > turns the dining room light on/off; the other turns the kitchen light and D > ceiling fan on/off. At the back door of the kitchen, I have another double D > switch plate, one switch turns the kitchen light and ceiling fan on/off (3 ay D > switch?); the other switch turns just the exterior back light on/off. Sinc

D > the ceiling fan and light fixture in the kitchen were installed, the exteri r D > back light does not come on at all. All the other lights/fixtures work. I

D > there a special switch that I need to get the exterior light working? Than s D > in advance.

My guess is the problem is a loosened wire to the outdoor light switch (IOW at the back door wall switch).

There are a couple of different ways of wiring this particular switch. One would have two black wires and their white wires pigtailed together. Another would have a single wire, the black to one side of the switch and the white to the other. In this case the white wire should be clearly marked as a switched black lead (but may not be).

  • And now, a word from the NUL: device...
Reply to
barry martin