[Question]:Do-It-Yourself books for the complete beginner...

Hi all,
I am a total newby when it comes to home repair/maintenance/enhancement. Could someone recommend some good books to get me started? There are a couple of tasks that need taking care off such as some "tiles" on my hardwood floor are getting a bit loose. I'd like to be able to fix them without spending a lot of money. I'd also like to replace some faucets, and so some other minor repairs/enhancements. Any thoughts? The more complete the book the better! :)
Thanks!
On 12/13/2004 1:10 PM US(ET), Stormwolf took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

specific household job (electric, or plumbing, etc), while others cover a broader spectrum of jobs (electric, plumbing, carpentry, flooring, etc.). The job specific books are more intensive. They are in racks right near the main entrance door (at least in my HD and Lowes). When I was working part time as a carpenter back in the 80s, I bought a bunch of books on carpentry, household renovations, etc., that I picked up in book stores.
I've seen that Readers Digest has a couple. Or had. I thought they were well written and informative.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormwolf wrote:

There are a lot of online tips here, as well as links to books:
http://www.hgtv.com /