Question about Water heater install

Folks,
May be an easy question for the pros..
I am installing a water heater which has 3/4 lines connected to it (inlet).
House pipes are all 1/2 inches.
Can I just connect the house pipe to 3/4 using a reducer. One end goes to house supply line and the other end goes to the water heater which is ? I don't think there will be any water pressure problem. But, still wanted to check out with pros..
will appreciate any help, suggestions..
thanks, DJ
D J wrote:

The pipe supplying water to your house is six to twelve inches!
Use whatever connectors are necessary.
wrote Re Re: Question about Water heater install:

The 3/4 to 1/2 reducer will be fine.