Question about washing machine pan

Is the pan supposed to large enough to accommodate the feet of the washing machine, or is a pan that fits just inside the feet sufficient?
Abe wrote:

The goal is to catch any water that might run out of the machine, no matter what part of the machine it runs out of[1]. You need a pan larger than the outside of the whole case.
[1] Please don't report this sentence to my English teacher. :-)
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

OK Thanks for that.
Err, maybe "no matter what part of the machine out of which the water runs"
Abe wrote:

I thought about that one, more or less, but I couldn't get it to sound right, so I just went for the laugh.
Good luck with your pan.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 329232 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##