Question about thermostatic showers

I'm thinking of installing a thermostatic shower (Hansgrohe) in my upcoming bathroom renovation. My question is this:

I live in a small apartment building, and the bathroom in question is fairly far from the water heaters in the basement. If hot water hasn't been recently requested, it can take between 1 and 2 minutes of running the water to get hot water up to my apartment. Will this cause difficulties for the thermostatic shower, and headaches for me? Am I better off with a pressure balanced system?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

ONY

Reply to
orpheusNY

WHO: are you the property owner doing a permanent parts upgrade, or a tenant who needs portability to a future address of the new plumbing add-ons? WHAT:if you want the water hot and available add the new circulating pump. WHERE: your address helps determine your looking up all utility rates which relate to this: water + heating it + electric to move it. WHEN:if you want to limit the hot water booster pump's time of day operations add a programmable timer. WHY: are you having any problems with water pressure? flow? running out of hot water? should we address simply a replacement of a hot water tank dip tube for $3 to give you more minutes of hot water from the tank? HOW: much research you do determines which direction to spend how much money. see google hot water circulator:

"Q. How do I keep from being "shocked" in the shower? A. At Rough-In time, It is important to run pipes with enough volume and pressure so that many fixtures can be used at the same time. I usually run only two fixtures on a 1/2" line; so a standard bathroom would have a 3/4" line for cold until one fixture is taken off. A 1/2" line for the hot is fine, tub and lav. Another nice item that is plumbing code in many areas now, is the pressure balanced tub and shower valves. A single handle valve that balances the hot and cold water to try to maintain a temperature range plus or minus 2 degrees. Terry Love" terry has more at:
see his amazing multiple showerheads:

buffalobill