Question about Stanley Garage Door Opener

Just replaced the chain and cable. Made no other changes or adjustments. Door opens and closes fine but in order for the remote to work I have to be very close. (checked all batteries) TIA for any help.

Frank

Reply to
F.H.

Is the antenna (thin wire) still hanging down through the small hole in the bottom of the cover?

Doordoc

doordoc

That was my first guess. Didn't know for sure if it was the antenna. I had tied it up inside. I took it out and it improved some but not back to where it was.

Reply to
F.H.

Hi, If it's hanging down, try with stretched horizontal. Or make the wire longer. Or receiver may be slightly out of tune. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Stripped it, put it through the hole, (was sticking out the back) and stripped the wire back about a quarter inch. Good as ever. Thanks

Reply to
F.H.