Question about stain on linoleum floor

My daughter has a fairly new linoleum floor in her bathroom, she dyed a couple of rugs to get the color she wanted, but the problem is when the rug next to the bathtub got wet, it bled to the floor and left a light spot about the size of a dinner plate. She has tried many things to get it off, but no luck. Any ideas as to what could remove it without ruining the floor. I don't really have any solution for her. Anyone? TIA

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

The dye may have penetrated the flooring. Nothing will get it out. Many years ago I worked for a company that made a lot of small plastic parts and we used to dye them with Rit. It was permanent. The parts were used with alcohol and oil and it was not affected.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's what I was afraid of, thanks.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

On Tue 09 Dec 2008 08:38:30p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

What about hydrogen peroxide?

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Is it a light spot on dark flooring? Or, the other way around?

Reply to
hrhofmann

You could try dilute bleach but I would do a test area first to make sure it does not fade the floor color. Clorox shower spray comes to mind. Leave it on a while since stain has sunk in. Dyes are organic materials subject to destruction by bleach whereas flooring is probably colored by pigments that may not fade. What you call linoleum is probably vinyl and dilute bleach should not hurt it.

Reply to
Frank

Is it a light spot on dark flooring? Or, the other way around?

It's a light green stain on a tan/beige patterned floor. I will tell her some of the things mentioned here. Thanks to all.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri