Question about reposting a question

Hello to all. I have posted to this group a few times and have received excellent advice.

A few weeks ago, I posted a question about concrete repair. No responses were given. Perhaps it was overlooked, as there were many other postings. Or, no offense, simply no one chose to respond.

My question is, is it ok to repost a legitimate repair question in this group?

Thank you.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Rusin

YES go ahead and repost.

about the time of your no response google groups were totally hosed, with disappearing posts, tech issues and plain frozen......

that may explain your no response. your original post may have disappeared entirely...

if you can find your original question just post a quick no reponses to bump it back up to the top

Reply to
bob haller

bob haller wrote the following:

The question was:

The approach to my driveway, at the street/curb area, is cracked at one corner. Three fist sized pieces, in a triangle shape are loose.

Should I try to epoxy the pieces to the street then fill in the cracks between them, or try and fill the corner with new material?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob

He was posting from webtv.net. Some may filter webtv.net

Reply to
willshak

bob haller wrote in news:d29e2604-647d-459e-a50c- snipped-for-privacy@w4g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Google may have been hosed, but Usenet was just fine.

I see the OP's original post, which I received June 28th. Had I known the answer, I would have replied. But I didn't, so I didnt.

It did not disappear. Stupid, clueless, lying Google failed, that's all.

Reply to
Tegger

Okay, I'll play- to answer your original question, I'd try to pull out the old pieces and refill with new material. Dig out as much loose material as you can, and try to dig down to solid sub-surface material. If all you see under it is dirt, put a layer of sand or gravel in bottom. Corners break off when substrate washes out or compresses, and it either gets full of water and freezes, or a car drives over an unsupported edge. Projects like this is what SakCrete and similar premix products are for. Mix it up pretty stiff in a bucket or washtub, cram it in there, and screed it off. As soon as it starts to set a little, use a broom to put lines in it to match the rest of driveway. If you are worried about a color match, you can mix in a fistfull of tint from the tile grout aisle. Otherwise, Mother Nature will make it match in a year or three.

Hey, you have pretty much nothing to lose but an hour's work- SakCrete is cheap. If it works, it works, if not, no big loss. And it will be a lot cheaper than epoxy. It may work well enough to tide you over until city repaves street, replaces curbs, and gives everyone a new matching driveway entrance.

Reply to
aemeijers

WD-40 was not developed for a question, but as a water displacement (anti-rust) formula - this is that the "WD" stands for.

There are many better products out there more suitable for the topic of a question, such as liquid wrench or tri-flo.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

dont forget tankless water heaters and K&T wiring

Reply to
bob haller