Question about 'R' value for attic insulation.

Page 2 of 2

On 6 Apr 2007 14:08:31 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I looked up Pa codes, and found something weird. Eventhough R49 was in the IRC, Pa said 30 was ok. I thought about it this way further, money into insulation or money into the utilitie company's pockets. Needless to say I invested in my home.
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com
R-49 is not practical in an attic that will be finished. R 30 seems to be standard in most places. If you can ft more and want to pay thats on youbut 30 will suit most people fine especially when combined with a radiant barrier like reflectix.

On 12 Apr 2007 05:09:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

I pointed out that it seems that local codes only require R30. However I never saw anything about using any radiant barriers.
Just saying, I'm guessing, the cost of fuels will go up. Just a guess... and with global warming causing the potential for more snow now. Don't ask me, ask Gore why we had a threat of wet snow lately. Having more insulation in the attic space, where able, might be a good investment in your home.
Just what I did, not an R-expert. ;)
tom