Question about natural gas piping and 220v wiring.

My garage is attached to the house. One side of the wall is kitchen where the range / oven resides. The other side is garage where the wall is stucco ( smooth ) and the washer dryer reside. I have gas and 220v there, both sides.

Let's start with the gas line. From under the house ( wood floors ) the pipe comes up through the bottom plate and elbows out of the plaster / lathe. A short stub to a "T" where, on one side is a valve for the gas range. The other side then elbows back through the wall into the garage side for the gas dryer. Any reason why I can't reverse that and have the bulk of connectors and fittings inside the garage area?

Same thing for the 3 leg 220v. It actually comes up in front of the baseboard on the kitchen side ( flex from the main panel ) into a "plug in" box and then a small piece of rigid through the wall into another box ( which I use to plug in my compressor.) The house was this way when I bought it in the mid 90's.

Reason for this inquiry is, soon, I will put in an electric double oven and eventually a gas range. What I would like to do with the 220v flex is pull it through the joist header into a box ( for plugging in the compressor on the garage side ) and then from the box, up 4' or so to a pulling "L" and into a box for the double oven, using EMT. Gas will be almost the same. Elbow turned into the garage then "T" going one way for the dryer valve and the other way going about 2' or so to elbow into the kitchen for the range.

I'm curious if, with how everything needs to be fire rated on the garage side, there would be a reason for not allowing all the connectors and fittings on that side. If not possible, I guess everything can be "extended" behind the kitchen cabinetry? TIA!!

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith