Question about grout removal

I want to buy something that will remove a thick line of tile grout behind my kitchen sink. What kind of electric type saw/remover do I need to do it quickly and easily? I don't want to spend a lot of money on it because it won't be used often, and I don't want to use one of those little hand tools with the teeth. Thanks.
Cheri
Cheri wrote:

harbor freight multitool with the grout attachment

TY
Cheri
On 4/1/2011 11:48 AM, Cheri wrote:

Dremel tool, with grout bit and guide. Behind a sink may not have room for the guide...probably two inches wide.

TY, I hadn't considered that, there isn't much room there.
Cheri

Are your plans to regrout? Manually scraping out a small area of grout is really not that bad.

Are your plans to regrout? Manually scraping out a small area of grout is really not that bad. ======= I am. It's not just behind the sink, it's about 4 feet long due to THE GROUT DOCTOR S.O.B doing such a lousy job that the seam is really wide and ugly, he just put new grout over the old grout and totally uneven at that. It's nasty looking and I just had new trim tile put around the sink, so it's got to go because it looks twice as bad now.
Cheri
On 4/1/2011 1:51 PM, Cheri wrote:

I assume that the grout is a joint between tiles. With care, you can probably scratch out enough of the old grout to make a bed for replacement grout. Use the saw or a utility knife. Just be sure to bleach and clean it well, apply sealer after new grout is hard (usually 2-3 days, per package directions).

It is. TY
Cheri
On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 21:09:25 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

Someone gave me an old inkject printer and it spilled ink on my bathroom floor and the grout. I used s screwdriver to scrape out the grout but kept having to go deeper, and eventually made a wweapon as lethal as any Rambo has used. Fortunately I have plenty of screwdrivers, so now I call this something else.
Don't know about this guy, but I guess if I'd known how deep the red ink went, I could have used the special hand tool with the offset handle for removing grout. Isn't it hardeneed or something?

On 4/1/2011 8:49 PM, mm wrote:

I do believe I saw inexpensive grout removal tools at Harbor Freight.
http://www.harborfreight.com/professional-grout-saw-45878.html
http://www.harborfreight.com/carbide-tipped-grout-scraper-97176.html
TDD
On 4/1/2011 9:49 PM, mm wrote:

I would have scraped the surface and touched the stain with paint. Little bottles of acryllic hobby paint come in very, very handy.
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 08:29:51 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

That might have been a good idea too. I ended up regrouting with a grout that doesn't quite match anyhow. Althugh no one will notice but me.
On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:49:33 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

That works, but it is neither quick nor easy. Not cheap, either. Those bits are expensive, though you can save 70% by buying them online.