Question about cost

An electrician came by today and gave me an estimate for replacing a range hood which I purchased, (same style, same size) and for putting in a regular electrical outlet for two plug ins. He told me it would be $200.00. I have no idea what these things cost, so is that a fair price? Thanks.

-- Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Sounds about right.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks much.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

For something that small it may not matter but for larger items (new heater for instance), it pays to get several estimates, no less than 3. As well, check the BBB website

I believe) to check to see if they are rated well or not. At least with several estimates and a decent BBB rating, you have a better chance of a successful job. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Reply to
Phisherman

I paid $150 per new circuit, which included 1 outlet install. This is in Nor-Cal, which is certainly higher than avg when it comes to labor costs.

----------------------------------------------------- Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I may discuss.

Last Updated 4/11 - My Personal Websites w/ my integrated HT & HAPC system

IVB