Question about cost

An electrician came by today and gave me an estimate for replacing a range hood which I purchased, (same style, same size) and for putting in a regular electrical outlet for two plug ins. He told me it would be $200.00. I have no idea what these things cost, so is that a fair price? Thanks.
-- Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

Sounds about right.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote in message ...

Thanks much.
Cheri
Prices can vary from location and depending on what is really involved. Installing an electrical outlet could be a 10 minute job or, it may take an hour. The only way you are going to know if it's a fair price is to get a few more estimates. Look for proof of "Bonded and Insured."
On Tue, 9 May 2006 05:26:58 -0700, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

For something that small it may not matter but for larger items (new heater for instance), it pays to get several estimates, no less than 3. As well, check the BBB website (www.bbb.org I believe) to check to see if they are rated well or not. At least with several estimates and a decent BBB rating, you have a better chance of a successful job. Cheers, cc
I paid $150 per new circuit, which included 1 outlet install. This is in Nor-Cal, which is certainly higher than avg when it comes to labor costs.
----------------------------------------------------- Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I may discuss.
Last Updated 4/11 - My Personal Websites w/ my integrated HT & HAPC system www.myhomeautomationpc.com