Question about Circuit Breaker

Page 2 of 2
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> writes:

Probably a bad breaker then. It should supply up to 1800 W (15 A at 120 V) without tripping.
I once lived in a house where a 1000 W toaster would occasionally trip a particular kitchen circuit breaker. The toaster wasn't drawing too much current (I checked) so I replaced the breaker. Never tripped again.
Breakers do fail.
    Dave

My dad had the same problem when I gave him a my old microwave (a few years old - replaced his 20 year old one). He said the breaker would trip once in a while before, but started tripping every time he tried to use the new microwave. I put in a new duplex breaker replacing the old one ... "problem solved!"
message

Gray Wolf, What is a duplex breaker? One of these "piggyback" space saver breakers? Thanks, Tony

Yes
http://tinyurl.com/4g5lgq
Or, http://preview.tinyurl.com/4g5lgq
message

OK Thanks, Tony
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

On Fri, 23 May 2008 14:33:18 -0700, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

They do go bad.
I would temporary switch the wire with another breaker. If that breaker won't switch back on then you have a short circuit.