question about american standard tub

we are redoing our bathroom and i want to make sure the tub is deep enough for a bath. THe one upsairs is a standard size I thinkg, about 13.5 deep. Wife finds this is too shallow for her, the water level is never high enough, once the water rises to the level of the safety drain, that is it. She has to keep legs as straight as possible, sinking down to keep under the water.
What is the standard size and then what is the next size deeper?
Thanks in advance
Dan wrote:

http://www.kohler.com / http://www.americanstandard-us.com/buy/onlineRetailers.asp
My better half likes this one. http://store.faucet.com/cgi-bin/fcom/products?id=3y4e4vfk&mv_argE72531WH&mv_pc@8

I had a problem like this in a prior home and found that I could block the overflow drain at its bottom and create an innocuous opening at the top. This gave about 3 inches more of useable water depth.
RB
Eric Ryder wrote:

http://store.faucet.com/cgi-bin/fcom/products?id=3y4e4vfk&mv_argE72531WH&mv_pc@8
Have you thought of looking for a Japanese style bath? These are about 4 x 4 x 4, made specifically for soaking. Theoretically, you're supposed to have already soaped and washed off before you enter. zemedelec

Standard is 13.5. Soaker tubs are 18 - 20". Standard length is 5 feet. If you can fit it in ... a six foot soaker feels very luxurious.
If you're remodelling, give some thought to building platform and dropping a tub in ... lots of room to place stuff around the tub.

If you have a standard 5' x 30" size tub, then I would recommend looking at the American Standard model 2740 Bathing Pool. It is about a half a foot deeper, resulting a few more inches of water depth below the drain. It is the same length and width, so the plumbing won't need to be moved.
-- Dan Solomon