Question about a fuse on a transformer in AC

------------------------------------- I have a L37-310 transformer in our air conditioner unit seen here http://www.johnstonesupply.com/corp/OnlineCatalog/ProductDetails/tabid/1780/Def ault.aspx?Product_Code=L37-103
the fuse got blown because this house is weird and every time the heat gets turned on after the ac has been run the transformer blows. So this time the landlord installed this one with this fuse to supposedly stop it. After three change outs I am getting a little worried the landlord is going to evict us if I call about this problem again and it seems fixable so here I am after my lovely 7 year old who is as tall as me almost turned on the heat and I opened it up and found the dead fuse. I have looked all over and see it can be replaced to fix the problem to get the ac running again but I don't know what type of fuse to buy exactly can someone give me some further details of exactly what to buy when I get to home depot or where ever in the morning.
Thanks in advance.
mommystrarrs wrote:

Hi, Fuse is for protection. If it keeps blowing there must be a reason. Tiem for tech. to come and take a look.

mommystrarrs wrote:

The fuse type should be stamped on the metal end of the fuse or on a paper wrapped around it. You'd probably have better luck at the local Radio Shack finding the fuse.

It is called "littlefuse", and will have the type and amperage written right on the fuse. Any electrical supply, some hardware stores, possibly Home Depot, will have them. There is obviously a problem with the system, which the landlord should address

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Question-about-a-fuse-on-a-transformer-in-AC-624837-.htm mommystrarrs wrote: RBM wrote: Yea see like I said he has sent out three techs this is our third transformer but he doesn't address why they keep blowing. Our lease is up in June so if I could just find the fuses to keep me going til then we plan to move but this is the first transformer he has had put in that had a fuse at all and thanks so much for the help.

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/corp/OnlineCatalog/ProductDetails/tabid/1780/Def
-------------------------------------
On Mar 9, 9:34pm, mommystarrs_at_gmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (mommystrarrs) wrote:

That web site does not show anything, it is just a general purpose catalog. DO you have aphoto of the fuse itself?
Try this, the original post left off the prod code. The fuse mounted on the transformer could be easily changed, and a time delay same amperage may fix the problem. Take the fuse to Radio Shack and ask for the same amp slow-blow. The fuse on the transformer is a AGC type and you could replace it with a MDL slow-blow.
http://www.johnstonesupply.com/corp/OnlineCatalog/ProductDetails/tabid/1780/Default.aspx?Product_Code=L37-103
--

"hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net" < snipped-for-privacy@att.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@o15g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
mommystrarrs wrote:

Use a delay relay. A small resistor in series with the big unit, then the delay relay shorts the small resistor after 0.3 seconds. That limits the turn-on current to reasonable values.
I used this with a 24volt dc to 220v ac convertor, with 6 computers on it, resistor value about 5 ohms. Without the limiter resistor, things would not start up, the convertor detected a short, and refused to start, even though the convertor mean load was only about 30 % .

*Why are you turning on the heat right after the air conditioning has stopped?
In typed: :: ------------------------------------- :: I have a L37-310 transformer in our air conditioner unit :: seen here :: http://www.johnstonesupply.com/corp/OnlineCatalog/ProductDetails/tabid/1780/Def :: ault.aspx?Product_Code=L37-103 :: :: the fuse got blown because this house is weird and every :: time the heat gets :: turned on after the ac has been run the transformer blows. :: So this time the :: landlord installed this one with this fuse to supposedly :: stop it. After three :: change outs I am getting a little worried the landlord is :: going to evict us if I :: call about this problem again and it seems fixable so here :: I am after my lovely :: 7 year old who is as tall as me almost turned on the heat :: and I opened it up and :: found the dead fuse. I have looked all over and see it can :: be replaced to fix :: the problem to get the ac running again but I don't know :: what type of fuse to :: buy exactly can someone give me some further details of :: exactly what to buy when :: I get to home depot or where ever in the morning. :: :: Thanks in advance.
An air conditioner must be on its own circuit: Nothing else powered by it. The fuse, in most jurisdictions, can be a time-delay fuse, which means it can be over-rated for a few seconds without blowing. I have three window units that recommend the slow-blow(time-delay) btrskrtd be used. I'm not aware of any places that won't allow that. To make sure, call your local code enforcement office and ask them; I'll bet they say YES when they find out it's for air conditioner. And you won't be "bothering" them. That's part of what they're there for.
HTH,
Twayne`
typed:

FYI, it's a fuse mounted on a control circuit transformer, not a fuse on the circuit power supply