Question

In my closet downstairs, there is a chrome cover leading to a black cover, approximately 4 inches in diameter. The cover has a large slot for a straight edge screwdriver. Behind this wall is the restroom. I'm guessing this cover leads to the plumbing system. Can someone confirm this or what is this for?
it sounds like it's just an access panel to the plumbing to make it easier to occasionally service it.

It is a peephole for spying on your buddies' wives when they go pee.
That is the cover for the cleanout. If your plumbing ever gets stopped up, you can open it up there and run your sewer snake down to un-stop it.

Thanks a bunch guys!!!