Query about service for a Sears Washing machine.

Our Sears Washer has stopped doing the spin cycle. Everything else works fine.
What has been peoples experience with Sears Service ? Have people used any other repair service for a Sears Appliance ?

All you really need to figure is whether the cost of a service call will approach or exceed the properly depreciated value of your appliance. I'd bet that's the case, so you're asking the wrong questions.

Expensive and can take a while to get to you in some areas.

You can use anyone you like.

Once called Sears for a non-working fridge...told me it would be a WEEK till they could get to me. Called a local appliance repair guy...he showed within the hour.

Thanks for the input.
The quality of Sears service varies dramatically by locality. In Raleigh NC it is pretty good. I doubt it is any more expensive than Maytag which has gone crazy with pricing.