queries

Doing the 2nd coat of Minwax Polyshades "Honey Pine" I discovered there was *lots* of dark dark sooty stuff in the can. Looks like a batch mixup to me.
The liquid in the can of Klean-Strip Mineral Spirits was clear. That in the bigger plastic tote bottle of Klean-Strip Mineral Spirits is milky. It seems to be cleaning the brush off fine though.
I'm not sure if I can use the dark polyurethane to cover some blank floor spots (that were missed a while back NOT by me)
FYI the General Coatings* enamel paint says "ready to use, no thinning needed" but it needed it.
* I think that's the brand. The paint is covering a lot of the label.
On 9/22/2011 7:22 PM, cycjec wrote:

No, you just didn't have it stirred up well to begin with (or let it settle out)...

You are probably right, thanks.
I did read the directions. It didn't say to stir it. Nor did the book that I have. I tried the stirred up stuff on a test board. It's tolerable. I guess I wanted no-stain polyurethant

I tried the stained poly myself once. It was ok but I didn't use it again. I prefer to control my stain coat to get the desired results and then seal with clear.
cycjec wrote: (questions about Minwax and Klean-Strip spirits)
Well, look at that.
Wouldn't that have made a useful subject line?
Subject: Questions about Minwax and Klean-Strip spirits
Why is it that formulating useful subject lines for usenet posts and e-mails is a lost art?

Sorry, really.
Maybe it's all those cryptic one-off blog post titles. I read them but I don't blog myself.
Also I realize I've gotten into the habit with some correspondents of using really vague e-mail Subject headers, for reasons that are too long to go into here.
cycjec wrote:

I manage the mail server at my $dayjob, so I get to see the full headers of all the direct-to-mx spam that our domain gets before it's forwarded through Gmail to be filtered and forwarded back to us (a neat little spam-filtering trick).
I see lots of spam mail that has subjects like "Important" or "Please read" or "Question", and I just shake my head when people use those same words and phrases for legit e-mail.
You forgot three of my favorites, its and it's, lightning and lightening, and to, too and two
Steve B wrote:

I don't believe I've ever made it an issue here or pointed out when a post is off-topic,

nor that

And I notice how you escalate an issue by using hyperbole and exaggeration.
The OP himself admits that his subject line could have (or even should have) been better.

I hope you enjoy being satisfied by mediocrity and the status quo.
Pointing out when things can be done better, improved, is no crime.

Yes, your Highness..............
Beats me!
Maybe I'll stop traveling and go out and get a proper newsreader so I can investigate the phenomenon. ;)
Heck, you guys have me beat. I thought we were going to argue Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
Home Guy wrote:

It's not a lost art. Most obscure subject headings are designed that way. Partly to excite the curiosity of the reader but mostly to cause the heads of pedantic fuddy-duddies to explode.
Home Guy wrote:

Blame google , those nitwits use header and text area as a running discussion area, like they are twittering or something.