Quartz Space Heater

Sheesh... arguing over less than a tenth of an ounce. Don't you have anything better to do with your time, Nick?

So the guy omitted the "h" in Btuh... Big deal. Everybody knew what he meant.
Everybody except you.
--
Regards,

It's an extremely big deal, if you want to understand renewable energy.
He left out the PER hour, which means he does not know the difference between power and energy.
Learn the difference!
Nick

if you want to pick nits.
I don't.
Go away.
--
Regards,

Or make any sense in an energy newsgroup.

No thanks. Run out of civility pills? :-)
Nick

Yes, when you showed up.
What did you do, take all of them to act half normal?
Also a unit of electricity is not a unit of heat at anytime. Yes, there are equivalents which depend on the conversion efficiency but 1 watt is not a measurement of heat.
...and the energy to power misstated.

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:09:35 -0500, "Solar Flare"

And not a measurement of light either.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd wrote:
> > Also a unit of electricity is not a unit of heat > > at anytime. Yes, there are equivalents which depend > > on the conversion efficiency but 1 watt is not a > > measurement of heat.
> And not a measurement of light either.
Light can be measured in watts.
Duane
--
Home of the $35 Solar Tracker Receiver
http://www.redrok.com/led3xassm.htm [*]

Lightning bugs / cubic metre.

Lux

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:33:07 -0600, "Duane C. Johnson"

Sorry for the mess up. What started this is that the wattage ratings on a light bulb refer to electrical consumption, not light output.
Like I just said in another post, I don't mind admitting actual mistakes.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
The best way is to, admit mistakes, openly, for other people!

Actually light is measured in Lumens...... not watts......
Hi You;
> > Light can be measured in watts.
> > Duane
> Actually light is measured in Lumens...... > not watts......
Actually Lumens are a complicated unit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumen_(unit) It is based on what the eye can perceive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_efficacy However, the Lumen is based on Watts. See the links.
Duane
--
Home of the $35 Solar Tracker Receiver
http://www.redrok.com/led3xassm.htm [*]

Learn the language... what an idiot.
If you can't come up with something better than SPELLING or GRAMMER issues, I feel really sorry for your ass!
I'm also sorry that this is all so new to you that you need EVERY LITTLE detail to UNDERSTAND it.

A few years back, I almost lost my last piece of good brain cell when I decided to attempt to learn ALL the vernacular and manipulation associated with the decibel. ...I'll never try that again.
The devil is truly in the details.
-zero
so, apologize for the error and get on with it.

A lot of people don't, especially when they conflict with favorite delusions.
Another fact: The sun is very hot, but heat cannot exist in space. You may get hot when you got out on a sunny day, but NONE of the sun's heat can get to you directly. The energy gets here as light (the sun is hot enough to be incandescent).
BTW, you can't smell the sun either.