Quartz Space Heater

Page 7 of 11

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

http://www.kalamaprecision.com/misc/IMG_0053.JPG

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

your "professionalism."

It shows him playing "pocket pool". LOL

Recalling that's what my brother said--just before he snapped the picture.

You had Neil Young over for dinner last night?
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:41:13 +1100, "Justin" <'> wrote:

The fact that you get burned is evidence of wasted energy. Consider that you wanted light, not burned hands.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

You make a VERY BIG Assumption here, Dude..... What makes you think he was wanting light, instead of heat?????

Consider we were talking about heat and not light.
It's also not wasted heat if you are heating your home in the winter.
But the real question was, "which produces more heat".
Get back on track!
As I said before the trolls twisted things to create confusion.
"The unit that produces the least wasted energy" i.e Light, sound, motion, etc.

snipped-for-privacy@xmail.com0.invalid says...

The point of this sub thread, though (if I can remember back that far), was that, during the heating season, this heat is not wasted. It directly offsets the demand on the furnace. The 500W lamp (it's not actually called a 'bulb' in the industry) reduces the demand on the furnace by exactly 500W. And if you heat with electricity, then your total electric bill for that month will exactly the same, regardless of whether that lamp is lit the entire month or not. In fact, you could keep 50 if them burning and, as long as you're not opening windows to cool off, it'll be exactly the same. Curiously, you're feeding this lamp with 500 watts, for which it is giving you 500 watts of heat. In an all electric home, the light is, indeed, 'free'.
I never said I wanted light at all, get with it. My post was in reply to solar flare who said "Light is not heat"

Plonk.
Nick

I guess you don't like FACTS!!!!

It's easy enough to look up...
--
Regards,

3.785 vs 3.784, in my 2006 book. Maybe it's grown since you looked it up.
You guys might enjoy learning the difference between power and energy :-)
Nick

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

I just looked in the dictionary under Energy... and the first thing it say is Power.
Go Figure
There is an idiot in every corner these days.
I bought a bucket of volts, the other day, on eBay, real cheap.

Nick may be a bucket of volts but we get a charge out of him anyway!