Quartz Space Heater

Page 5 of 11

NO! Sometimes you take out a cold beer and let it warm up outside.
Maybe we need a Basic programme to express this?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:18:35 -0500, "Solar Flare"

Buy a freezer so you can warm the beer inside.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

snipped-for-privacy@hartigan.dot.com says...

A minor correction to my diatribe, above: I meant to say that it doesn't cost a dime EXTRA to do all the other stuff. You're still heating your home with electricity. You're just using things other than the furnace to do it.
Solar Flare wrote:

You do know the difference between radiation, convection, and conduction, don't you?

What kind of radiation?

Solar Flare wrote:

radiant heat energy

What does "difference" mean to you?

Which question do you want answered?
Which produces more heat?..C and E because they don't waste as much energy producing visible light.
Which answer is correct?...None. Only C and E are the same. The rest all waste varying amounts of energy producing visible light.

Solar Flare wrote:

And what does that light ultimately end up as?

The one I asked...

You better think again...

Nothing is being wasted. The energy is being transferred to the room no matter which poroduct you wish to use.
A watt is a watt... there is no getting around that.
Light is not heat. Get over it.
I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too.
Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains.

Measure the current that the sound system is using, then measure the voltage. That's energy being entered into the room.
Amps times Voltage = Watts
1 Watt = 3.413 Btu (That's HEAT)
WHETHER you want to believe it or not.
But let me ask you this, if it doesn't create heat... why do I have to cool "cable equipment rooms" in the middle of winter?
I mean, there is nothing in there to heat the building, except a bunch of receivers.... so where is all the heat coming from?
| | > Light is not heat. Get over it. | > | > I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too. | > | > Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all | > burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains. |
So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand after it has been burning for ten minutes.
"Justin" <'> wrote in message

after
And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying them with too much wattage...

| > | > Light is not heat. Get over it. | > | > | > | > I hope your sound system noise doesn't heat up your room too. | > | > | > | > Geeesh. Go back to school you energy dummies. Your eyeballs are all | > | > burned from illumination being converted to heat in your brains. | > | | > | > | > | > So lets see how long you can hold a 500 watt halogen bulb in your hand | after | > it has been burning for ten minutes. | > | | And of course, loudspeakers never overheat and burn out from supplying them | with too much wattage... | | -- | | | | |
Yep, that too, never heard of it either.
Do you seriously know that little about energy?
Do you think your sound equipment manufacturer would design all your energy to transform into heat instead of sound? Get an Onkyo amp. Calss G amp. Very little heat and linear current based outputs. This is called efficiency. Doesn't heat my room not matter how many hundred watts of sound it puts out.
"Justin" <'> wrote in message

Sound energy just floats off to nowhere then, I guess...

He's talking about a different type of wattage now. :-)