Quartz countertop and dishwasher

I’m having a new quartz counter top installed and have heard that it is very difficult to drill holes to attach the dishwasher holding tabs. What is your recommendation for drilling holes in the quartz, and the correct screws to use. Would you recommend not drilling holes and utilizing a glue or some other attachment strategy. Thanks for your help

Dishwashers usually have an alternate mounting method for stone or similar tops. There is usually a bracket or mounting holes in the sides so that they can be mounted to the side cabinets. Using the top mounting hole is not recommended. If there is no alternative mounting method, a 1x across the top may work. Check your dishwashers instructions. This case should be in there.

Mine was fastened to the 3/4-in wood frame that supports the countertop:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/gedc2711.jpg/

- Mine was fastened to the 3/4-in wood frame that supports the countertop: -
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/gedc2711.jpg/(not working)
Sorry, some trouble with imageshack. Here's the bracket... http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/856/bracketl.jpg

I've purchased at Lowes a kit for mounting dishwashers under a solid countertop (granite in my case). Using the same top dishwasher brackets it "glues" the tabs to the underside of the countertop. Works like a charm and costs about $10. No drilling necessary.
On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:47:02 PM UTC-7, jb wrote:

I siliconed a thin wood board with plenty of surface area to the underside of the quartz and then screwed the dishwasher tabs into the wood. Worked g reat. Just remember to clamp well and wait for the silicone to set up comp letely.