Quartz counter material finishing?

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I was given a butt load of "granite" and it turned out to be "quartz" (a buzz word for a manufactured stone in a matrix of something) product. I have a bit of experience and the tools to work granite but I don't know if it works on this stuff. I really do not want to clog my diamond pads with plastic if that is an issue. Reading on the interweb has been pretty discouraging so far.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The binder is acrylic; how much mineral content is bound by the same is a mysyery as is their type...could be anything from calcite (soft) to quartz (hard) or maybe even corundum (still harder). Try wet or dry paper.

I did hit a cut edge with an 800 grit diamond pad and it got smooth but not shiny. Licking my finger and wiping it made it shine ... until it dried. I am going to look into that polish. I heard about it somewhere else too. It seems to be a special product and I hope I can get some without having to buy a 55 gallon drum of it ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You can, I have a couple of 8 oz. bottles out in my shop. Look for polishing compound for plastic. It is very fine corundum (1000-10000 and more) in a vehicle. You do NOT have to work up though sucessively finer grits to get a shine as it will shine whatever is there, minute rough edges and all.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Go to a place that sells automotive finishes and get some 3M Finesse-it . Use it with a terry buff on a soft pad , you can get a *VERY* nice polish with this stuff . I used it on a motorcycle (urethane clear coat) , after stepping 600/1000.1500/2000 grit wet-or-dry sandpaper . Finish looked like you could fall in and drown .
--
Snag

Thanks guys. That is exactly what I needed to know.