Quality of Hot Water Heatersa

I need to replace my gas fired hot water heater. Where can I find a website or other sources that evaluate the quality of them? Any recommendations for good quality hot water heaters?
Mike
How do I choose a gas fired water heater for my house?
Mike .

Ran across some web sites promoting tankless water heaters. they look pretty good, but I don't know anything about them.
Mike

I'm just guessing here, but this sounds like what we in the UK would call a "multipoint" heater, (which is a combi boiler without the ability to heat the radiators).
This would consist of a gas burner that heats the incoming water instantaneously when flow is detected by a switch. The advantage is that they are cheap and reliable. The disadvantage is that without any storage, the flow rate is limited to the power of the burner and there is a slight delay as the burner ignites and warms up the gubbins. They typically gives enough flow for a good shower, but not enough to fill a bath very quickly, or run two outlets at once.
Of course, they might be something completely different.
Christian.

Habitat for Humanity in Charleston SC, USA area has installed electric versions - one per three house with 2 bathrooms, laundry, & kitchen with dishwasher. No complaints over the last year.ype
Tom Baker Charleston
I located two models on Lowes website: no brand names $475.00 and $1,075.00. Unfortunately, I'm getting water in front of the warer heater. Si I need to do simething now.
Mike

call a

heat
storage,
slight
gives
quickly,
Yes, I believe that's it.
Mike

I replaced mine 3 years ago and just bought the cheapest name brand (GE or rheem?) for approx $100. Home depot said they are basically the same, you are just paying for extended warranty on the more expensive models. I have the anode rod in mine and there is almost no rust when I flush it even after 3 years.

Plumbing sales guy at HD told me the same thing.
Mike

Why do you want to heat hot water?

Obviously looking for a 'boiler'.....
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Pipeline9000) wrote in message

anybody else see the foot prints here :)
only of oscar the scum bag low life child molester , the gay boy who should be dead